Congratulation for deciding to visit this site! It means you have taken your first step to a healthy, balanced lifestyle! Our massage practice focuses both on pain-management and relaxation so you may enjoy life to the full again.
Are you in pain? Have you been told to “live with it”? Living in pain can adversely effect every aspect of one’s life. While we believe that everybody can benefit from our treatment, we have seen people with back , neck, and shoulder pain get relief after a few sessions.
Our technique can also help tremendously in conditions such as:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
- Rotator cuff injuries
- “Golfer’s elbow”
- “Tennis elbow”
- “Frozen shoulder”
- Athletic injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Our focus on clients is to alleviate their pain by addressing elements that typically cause pain:
- lack of blood supply to muscles which causes extreme sensitivity to touch ( Ischemia)
- highly irritated knots in muscles which refer pain to other parts of the body ( Trigger point)
- pressure on a nerve by muscle, cartilage or bone ( Nerve compression)
- imbalance of muscular skeletal system resulting in faulty movement patterns and muscle tension ( i. e, poor lifting habits, computer keyboarding)
- muscles, tendons, ligaments injuries ( soft muscle adhesions)
- stress causing tension
We use a safe multi-modality manual therapy tailored for your specific needs that will help you recover your flexibility andmovement around the joints, release your stiff muscles, and give you longlasting relief of chronic pain . Some of those modalities include:
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Myoskeletal Therapy
- Orthopedic Massage
- Myofascial release
All of our sessions are by appointment only. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot accept walk-ins.
What people are saying
Karen is awesome:
1) she is professional: she approaches you with kindness and respect–she is upbeat, and listens to what your wants and needs are, and works to ensure your comfort
2) she is skillful: she has a wide repertoire of techniques and methods which she varies according to your needs from one massage to another, depending on your preferences.
3) she is knowledgeable: the first time I went to see her was right after I had been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis–one of my legs was swollen from lymph, which she found and worked on to move it out of the tissues. She has depth and breadth in this field.
If you want someone you can trust to really feel safe with, someone who will listen and work with you over a period of time, choose Karen. She has a lifelong gift for massage, and a true open hearted love of people.
Karen was wonderful! Very technically savvy in pinpointing the areas I needed relief on the most, she delivers perfect pressure to alleviate the pain! She provides a very professional yet comfortable atmosphere. I would recommend Karen if you’re looking for everyday stress relief or if you have more specific aches and pains!
To top it off it was unbelievably relaxing!!!